5.10.09

Books and Reading, a silly thingy

Not sure where this meme started, but I got it from here . If you fancy having a go then please feel free to join in…

Do you snack while you read? If so, favourite reading snack?

Not usually, although when eating alone in the evenings I read, and then I like to eat something I can eat one handed, using a fork, rice and curry for example!

Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?

I rarely write in books unless I truly love them and plan to keep them forever, usually still use pencil though....

How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears? Laying the book flat open?

Random things keep my books' places, something like a sweet wrapper, or a bus ticket. I do have bookmarks too - love them, they are a great gift . hint hint . I have also bent over page corners, but only with a book I own. Sometimes I just memorise the page number.

The above questions force me to link to this story Bacon found in Book

Fiction, non-fiction, or both?

Prefer fiction usually - although I do love a bit of Bill Bryson on occasion

Hard copy or audiobooks?

Either but only use audio books in the car - I prefer to read

Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you able to put a book down at any point?

I hate putting books down at all, my fave author doesn't use chapters so I am expert at random breaks in books

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away?

no, sometimes I never do...just try using it in context and seeing what reaction I get!

What are you currently reading?

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, Watchmen, River World, and some book about murderers.......

What is the last book you bought?

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can you read more than one at a time?

see above, I'm often reading many

Do you have a favorite time of day and/or place to read?

anywhere I get a minute to myself

Do you prefer series books or stand alone books?

depends - when i love a book and don't want it to end it's great if it's a series. Sir Terry Pratchett is king of the series book IMO

Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over?

Sir Terry Pratchett, Philip José Farmer

How do you organize your books? (By genre, title, author’s last name, etc.?)

I rarely keep books, preferring to set them free via Bookcrossing or exchange them for more via Bookhopper. I keep the Discworld series in the order they were written. I also have an Egypt section in my book shelves..

1 comment:

  1. Terry Pratchett is awesome. My last two blogs had shout outs to him. My favorite author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, all comments are moderated, no links will be approved

Popular posts