8.9.14

Book Review - The Judas Scar by Amanda Jennings


Disclosure - I was sent an uncorrected proof copy to read and review.

And I was sent the copy ages ago! Due to all sorts of pathetic excuses I didn't really start reading this book for a while. When I did the story was pretty harrowing, the subject matter, men who had known each other at school and then drifted apart, now re meeting, is a subjest that has been covered by other authors but this book had both a dark edge and a mystery. Jumping back and forth from the characters lives and histories the reader is drawn slowly into their story.

And as I said it becomes quite sad and even horrific at times. I took a break in the middle of at least a month. Maybe I'm a wimp, but when I asked Amanda on twitter 'do any dogs die?' because I was weeping at every page! and she said something like 'dogs...erm...no, have you read the cat scene yet?' So I took a break to compose myself.

Then a few days ago I picked it back up. Tissues at the ready I carried on. The writing is quite breathtaking in places (and it's always good) There were several phrases I simply loved.

"It's not about what I have to gain, it's that I don't have anything to lose"

 So I urge you to get a copy and see what you think.

Link to it on Goodreads here

and at Waterstones here

Added to the Read With Me Linky at MamaMummyMum

MamaMummyMum

1 comment:

  1. I've read many good reviews for this book but I never realised how emotional it could be!! thanks for linking up with #readwithme x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, all comments are moderated, no links will be approved

Popular posts