23.9.14

Organic September - Pancakes!

I was asked to help Waitrose celebrate Organic September. Waitrose are supporting the Soil Association's 'Small Changes, Big Difference campaign'.

They challenged me to add some organic products into my daily menus. Luckily they sent me some vouchers to help with the change. But I was pleasantly surprised to find that not all the organic options cost more, or if they did, not too much more.

This evening for example I had some Organic yoghurt, they were on offer, so that 8 pots of yoghurt were £3 (I haven't eaten all 8 yet, though they were so nice I did eat two)

But yesterday we started with a bang! Straight in with a proper treat and some proper cooking!

a bag of organic flour


I love making pancakes, but I never ever measure the ingredients, well, I count the eggs but I'm not sure that is the same as measuring...I have taught DD to cook in this way too - I suspect any family recipes will have to be passed on by the 'teach the next generation' method, writing them down is hard...

pancake ingredients


So here is my recipe: I use 'some' organic flour (Duchy no less, probably ground by royalty), two organic eggs (laid by the Prince himself - Duchy again - those hens must be the most pampered in England surely?), some Organic milk, and a splop (technical term) of organic sunflower oil.

two eggs in a bowl with flour and milk

pancake batter


So into the pan my mix went. And then when perfectly cooked - I served the pancakes with banana and maple syrup.

organic pancake with banana and maple syrup


An excellent start to my organic week I think. Oh and I opened a bottle of really nice Organic Italian Wine at £7.79

organic wine



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, all comments are moderated, no links will be approved

Popular posts